Thursday, June 24, 2010

Leeward Fate

So here's a neat story for you. My cousin, Tom, moved to St. Kitts two years ago after marrying his wife Rachael who was attending veterinary school on the island. Tom has played the drums ever since I can remember and has been a part of several bands throughout his journey, but for different reasons they never stayed together for very long.

It was soon after Tom settled in on the island of St. Kitts that he met Daniel and Jack, two guys attending nursing school on the island at an open mic night. Call it what you will, but I truly believe this was fate for Tom, Daniel, and Jack as introductions like these don't come around that often. According to their website, it wasn't long after they met before they were producing original music under the name Leeward Fate. Their unique sound is compared to Jack Johnson, Switchfoot, and maybe some Dave Matthews Band.

Two years later after recording their debut album on a Caribbean Island, they have moved back to the States and have re-recorded their debut album, released it on iTunes and Amazon and have scheduled several dates for their US Summer Tour. Check Leeward Fate out on the web, preview their music and see if you can catch them on the road this summer when they come to a city near you!

I couldn't be more proud of my cousin Tom, Daniel and Jack who I have yet to meet, but I will hopefully have a that chance this summer when I meet up with them on tour. There is nothing more important to me then my family and their success. I truly believe Leeward Fate's dream is coming true!

No comments:

Post a Comment