Thursday, June 3, 2010

Symphony Bar Brownies

I've always loved brownies and Hershey's Symphony candy bars (chocolate bar with toffee and almonds), so what could be better then two of my favorite sweets in the same recipe? It wasn't until my junior year of college that I first discovered these delicious brownies. It was my roommate at the time, Bess' birthday and her mom came to visit and brought us symphony bar brownies. Needless to say, I've been hooked ever since and they are one of my favorite treats to make for a football tailgate, summer cookout, family vacation, or just to have around the house. I promise once you make these, you will never make brownies again without adding Hershey's Symphony candy bars to the recipe!

Ingredients

1 (17.6 oz. box) of brownie mix with walnuts (plus ingredients needed for brownie mix)
cooking spray
3 (6oz.) Symphony candy bars

Directions

Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions.
Line a 13x9 inch cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Spoon in half the brownie batter and smooth with spoon or spatula. Place the candy bars side by side on top of the batter. Cover with the remaining the batter.

Bake according to directions. Let cool completely, then lift from pan using the edges of the foil. This makes it easy to cut the brownies in to squares.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment