Monday, June 14, 2010

The Weekend in Review

No matter what kind of work week I am having, the weekend can never come soon enough, not like I worked a full week this week or anything, but once the weekend gets here it goes by even faster then it arrived. This weekend was no different.

Friday night was date night with Thomas since I was leaving for Charlotte Saturday morning. We had a enjoyable dinner for two at Cantina 76 on Devine St. We sat at a table for two on the side porch and started the evening with a round of margaritas. I ordered the strawberry basil margarita after it was highly recommended by a coworker at our company trip to the King and Prince last week. The margarita did not disappoint, it was the perfect mixture of strawberry, basil, and tequila. I have been on a basil kick recently: lemon-basil ice cream for dessert at Coastal Kitchen in St. Simons, homemade basil lemonade for a refreshing treat after a long hot day, and most recently the strawberry basil margarita at Cantina 76. I was enjoying my margarita so much you will have to ask Thomas when you see him about his! While we were unwinding from our long and hard two days at work, sigh, we ordered the "Tres Hombres" Sampler as an appetizer. The sampler consisted of salsa, queso, and guacamole. Let me tell you a little more about the guacamole at Cantina 76, it's heavenly. If the sampler seems to much for you, don't worry you can order the guacamole by itself.

After settling in to the start of the weekend, we ordered another round of drinks, Mexican beer this time and dinner. We both ordered tacos, I apologize ahead of time but, I didn't even pay attention to Thomas' order other then knowing he order the special taco of the day the Mahi taco along with two others. I ordered the chicken pesto and shrimp tacos, both were very tasty.

Our dinner was superb and we will be returning this weekend this time with a group of friends if you would like to join us!

Before I knew it Saturday morning was upon me and I was as far behind being ready to leave for Charlotte as one can imagine. As I scrambled to get ready to be out the door in less then an hour, Lindsey saved me, and asked me to come around 1pm instead of 12pm as originally planned. Whew! I was out the door right on time and on my way to Charlotte to see Lindsey for the night!

Linds and I met freshmen year when we joined the same sorority and have been the best of friends ever since. We lived together in the same house with eight girls for our Junior and Senior year of college and we also had the same major and minor. Needless to say, we spent a lot of time together and it never got old! Linds took a job with Belk in their corporate offices in Charlotte and moved their right after graduation. We still see each other quite often, but I was very excited for our weekend together!

I met Lindsey and her adorable Cocker Spaniel, Cooper at their house, which they just recently moved in to back in May and it was my first time there. Lindsey loves to decorate and her house certainly shows her knack for it! After a tour of her house, Lindsey took me to a place called Yoforia for an afternoon snack before we hit the ground running at South Park Mall, my favorite place to shop! Yoforia is refreshing twist to frozen yogurt, along the lines of Pinkberry, Fruiti Cup, Berry Chill, Fresh Berry, etc. Yoforia's frozen yogurt is made from organic milk and yogurt and is nonfat. I had a cup of the vanilla bean with mini chocolate chips, fresh raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, strawberries, and kiwi. It sure hit the spot! More on this later because I'm so obsessed it deserves a post of its own!

Next stop, South Park and as always we had tons of fun shopping, because let's be honest that's what Lindsey and I do best and everyone knows it including Ryland and Thomas, poor guys. They just know to let us be, that we love shopping and that is one thing you won't be able to change about us. We stopped by Harris Teeter on the way home to pick up a small snack and a bottle of wine to enjoy at Lindsey's before heading to a later dinner.

Lindsey and I never have a problem talking to each other, not to mention there is always a lot to talk about when we do get together, and before we knew it, it was late and we were out the door to head to dinner. Linds took me a restaurant called, Soul, for some tapas and sushi. It was another HOT day in the south and we couldn't wait to order us each a ice cold beer. We picked several different items off the menu to share: tzatziki, grilled shrimp skewers, gourmet grilled cheese, and a sushi roll. We ended up ordering a second of the sushi roll, it was just that good. We spent all of dinner catching up that time just flew by. Before we knew it we were yawning, after all that shopping, we should have been tired ;-). Off to bed we went...

We took Cooper for a walk this morning and then grabbed breakfast together before I headed back to Columbia around lunch time. It's been tough for me the past few weeks since most of my friends have moved away from Columbia, so spending time with Lindsey made me feel a whole lot better!

I returned home early yesterday afternoon and spent the rest of the day at the pool with friends. And when I say spent the afternoon at the pool, I mean literally in the pool since the temperature was 100+ degrees!! Hello Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment