Monday, June 28, 2010

At last!

This past weekend happened to be very special. One of my best friends from college was in Greenville for a wedding. There was no question in my mind that if she had time before her flight on Sunday to visit, I would make the trip to Greenville. She ended up not having anything planned on Sunday, so I made the trip. It was well worth the hour and half drive to see Ellie. We have been friends since our freshmen year of college, we spent a spring break together in NYC, studied abroad together in Florence, Italy, celebrated our 21st birthdays with each other, the list goes on, but for no apparent reason we started loosing touch at the beginning of our Senior year and especially after college.

After graduation Ellie moved to Austin, TX while I stayed in Columbia, but still there was no excuse. Spending time with Ellie yesterday was wonderful, it felt like we never lost touch. We spent lunch catching up, but of course there was not enough time before we had to leave for the airport. In just the few short hours we spent playing catch up, we promised each other that a visit every 2 years was a thing of the past and that we would plan a trip to see each other in Austin and Columbia. And let me tell you it is top on my list, I can't wait to plan a weekend to visit Ellie!

If you've lost touch with a good friend over the past few months, years, or decades reach back out to them, I promise you will both be happy you did. In the meantime, I'm starting to plan my trip to Austin!


In other news, how about those Gamecocks??? It was a great weekend in Omaha for the Gamecocks and I hope it continues tonight against UCLA! Let's go Cocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment