Saturday, June 5, 2010

Beach Essentials for Summer 2010

We are leaving for our first trip to the beach for the summer this weekend, so I thought I would share with you what you can find in my beach bag.

I can't leave home without my straw beach bag from J.Crew. Here is a picture of one similar to mine, also from J.Crew ($44). It's the perfect size to fit all my beach necessities.

Most importantly is my sunscreen. I use Banana Boat Sport SPF 30 on my body ......



.....and Banana Boat Sun Wear Faces Oil Free SPF 30 on my face. Be sure to check the expiration date on all your sunscreen. As sunscreen past its expiration date is less effective.
Speaking of SPF don't forget to coat your lips with chap stick that has SPF as well to prevent burning. Blistex Silk & Shine is my favorite chap stick no matter what time of year or my plans for the day. It adds the perfect smooth feeling to your lips while adding subtle shine to your lips, all while moisturizing and protecting.

My polarized Ray-Ban sunglasses are perfect for reading on the beach or watching the waves hit the sand. I think it goes without saying, but freshly manicured nails and toes are a summer essential. And if you can't do both, well manicured and painted toes are a must. Note: This is not a picture of my feet! I would like to think my feet are much prettier (probably not).


I'm always on the hunt for the perfect beach towel. One that actually absorbs water, is just the right size, and washes well. Who would of thought this could be so difficult? Needless to say, I am still on the hunt for this perfect beach towel that I have created in my head!

Staying hydrated is critical for your body's health and as we all know being out in the heat and humidity causes dehydration. Make sure to drink plenty of water, more then usual, since you are perspiring more then normal.

Can't forget a good book or magazine to read, while enjoying the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. To me there is no place I rather be in the summer than on the beach sitting in a chair down by the water with my feet in the sand the ocean water rushing up under my chair as I get lost in a book.

And last but not least, I always like to put a travel size deodorant in my beach bag, just in case I need to freshen up. There is nothing worse then the smell of body odor, even at the beach. So spare yourself and others and add deodorant to your beach essentials for 2010.

What can we find in your beach bag this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment