Thursday, October 21, 2010

What an Experience! (Alt. Title: Redneck Weekend!)

Remember my post from Friday and how I was excited not to do anything over the weekend? Well that sure didn't happen, but I rather of had the weekend we did then stay at home!

Squee! Thomas and I were given tickets to the NASCAR Dollar General 300 Race in Charlotte on Friday night. This is something I have had on my bucket list for a while now, at least since I began living in the South. My Mom's response when I told her what we were doing Friday night was, "I didn't think that would be something you would be interested in." Well she's right. I'm really not at all interested in the sport of racing, but I am interested in experiencing the NASCAR environment. I just couldn't imagine what the track looks and feels like with cars going 170+ mph around and around.
Welcome race fans!






They race two weekends a year in Charlotte; May and October. Let's be honest here, we were treated like royalty. The tickets we were given were for the Speedway Club with reserved parking & seating and we were given a dress code to follow. Yes you read it correctly, a dress code! Our tickets were like going to an NFL Football game with box seats.

Let's gooo #33!


I think the start was my favorite part, but I will say the entire race was entertaining! I could never imagine watching 200+laps on TV but it's completely different being there. Oh and there were a couple of wrecks which made it even more exciting and I can say that because no one was hurt! Both of us had an absolute blast and would definitely go back!


Now fast forward to Sunday with me because honestly any Gamecock fan wants to forget Saturday. Sunday evening we went to the State Fair. I look forward to this day every year and Thomas does too. Last year we did a much better job of "eating our way through the fair", literally, but we didn't do too shabby this year either.


We started with fried mushrooms. Probably the best fried mushrooms ever.


Next Friske french fries, so tasty with lots of salt and vinegar I forgot to take a picture.



Main Course: Slice of Pizza for me.


Italian Sausage for Thomas.



Dessert: Fried Oreos. Absolutely postively the most delicious. Don't judge.

YUM!



After finishing our main course we walked around the entire fair and saw the sights and saw some sights, literally!








Can you imagine eating a cheeseburger with two Krispy Kreme doughnuts as the buns???

I challenged Thomas, but he didn't give in!


Here are pictures of a few of the animals:


No petting allowed, that's a Katie rule not a fair rule because I am a big time germ-a-phobe!


18lb. rabbit??


Cute!


I think this guy likes getting his picture taken!



We had so much fun at the fair, I already can't wait for next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment