Friday, October 15, 2010

This Weekend


This is the first weekend in three and half months that I don't have anything on the calendar. It was one busy summer and start to fall and I couldn't be more thankful for all the experiences I have had. Whether it was spending time at the beach with my family, celebrating the 4th of july & my birthday, seeing John Mayer in concert, celebrating Lindsey's birthday in Charlotte, girls weekend in Wrightsville Beach, trip to Debordieu with great friends, celebrating friends engagements, road trip to Atlanta to celebrate Hudson's 1st Birthday, trips home, being there for my cousin Kelly's bridal shower, my fabulous trip to Austin to see a wonderful friend, football games, having my Mom come and visit and our trip to Charleston, another trip back home, Katie & Dan's engagement party, and Kelly & Chris' wedding!

This weekend I am looking forward to not having any scheduled obligations. Except one thing, Gamecock football at 6pm on Saturday, but that doesn't count! I have lots of things I need to do that I have fallen behind on like laundry, re-organizing, my closet, decorating for Fall, did I mention my closet?, grocery shopping, and the list goes on.

At the beginning of the week, I was looking forward to not having anything planned this weekend. I was looking forward to being home and spending time with Thomas and of course going out to dinner together. But then what do I start doing? Thinking of all the things I would love to do this fall and picking apples is top on my list and there isn't much time left. How much fun does driving to the mountains in NC just about 2 hours away and spending the day in a mountain town picking apples and walking around? Sounds like the perfect Fall day to me! So what do I do next? Start researching orchards and of course I found one that is definitely manageable for a day trip and send Thomas a text asking if he wants to go picks apples this weekend. His reply "let's talk about it tonight."

I didn't even bring it up at dinner on Tuesday night because honestly what am I thinking? I was just looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home and there I go planning something for us to do. Am I crazy? There is just not enough time to do everything I want to do or at least that's how I feel!

Well, crazy me is at it again and no I am not planning an adventure for this weekend, but I sure can't make any promises an adventure won't happen. Either way, the relaxing weekend at home is turning in to a mile long to do list, I'm exhausted just looking at it!

What are your plans for this weekend? Do you have a fun Fall adventure planned?


TGIF! Go Cocks!!!

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do that exact same thing with my guy! Where did you find an orchard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth! I found Skytop Orchard in NC. It looks like it is about a 2 hour drive from Columbia, but well worth it! The views from the orchard look unbelieveable and it got great reviews.

    Here's the link to their website: www.skytoporchard.com

    The are open 9-6pm every day of the week until November. If you go, or go to another orchard let me know what you thought!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete