I have two favorite chili recipes and this is one of them. It is quick, easy, and absolutely delicious! The weather this week has gotten me all excited about Fall, what about you?
Black Bean Chili Recipe
3 (15-oz.) cans black beans
1 large sweet onion, chopped
1lb. ground beef
4 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (14-oz.) can low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
2 (14.5-oz.) cans petite diced tomatoes with jalapeños
Toppings: sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, lime wedges, sliced jalapeño peppers, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped tomatoes, corn chips
1. Rinse and drain 2 cans black beans. (Do not drain third can.)
2. Sauté chopped onion and ground beef in Dutch Oven over medium heat 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
3. Stir in chili powder and next 3 ingredients; sauté 1 minute.
4. Stir in drained and undrained beans, chicken broth, and diced tomatoes.
5. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
6. Serve chili with desired toppings.