Thursday, October 14, 2010

In a Pinch and a New Found Love

First things first, have you ever caught yourself in a beauty pinch? For example, you are about to go out of town on an airplane that has a schedule time for departure and you haven't had time all week to pick up refills of your make-up? Well if you have you know how I felt last Thursday night. That's when you have to start thinking outside the box as my boss would say. So, I sent a message to my cousin Liz who lives back home and works in the best salon and is a licensed esthetician and make up artist. She is the one who originally did my make up, so who else to better turn to? The easy part: I needed a refill on two products that I am currently using. The hard part: I was using another brand of blush and finally ran out and needed a replacement and I also wanted a new lip gloss. All of this was major because of Kelly's wedding on Saturday!

You know someone is an expert when they can pick out a color blush and lip gloss that will look good on you when you can't be there in person. Liz knew without any hesitation exactly what would work! These are the kind of people we all need to have in our life, whether they are family, close friends, or someone who truly knows you to help you when you are in a pinch. Thank you, Liz!!!

Fast forward to Saturday, I was in my bathroom putting my make up on for the wedding my Mom walked by and and asked if I curl my eyelashes. I of course said no, because anyone who really knows me, knows I like to keep the steps in my routine down to a minimum. Also, those who know me, know I have long full eyelashes and everyone has always paid me a compliment on them and by everyone I mean my Mom and her sisters. I never thought to curl my eyelashes, I thought that was for people with short and sparse eyelashes. Well I am here to tell you, I curled my eye lashes for the first time on Saturday and I can't believe how much bigger my eyes look! I am so happy my mom mentioned it to me because the thought never crossed my mind.


This little $4.00 gadget is now my new best friend!


Thanks Mom!



Do you use an eyelash curler?


What is one product in your beauty routine that you recently discovered and now can't live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment