Thursday, July 22, 2010

Molly's Arrival & How You Can Help

Say hello to Molly! My parents drove to Lexington, Virginia on Saturday morning to meet Molly's foster Mom, Anita and to bring Molly home. My parents are so excited and I couldn't be more happier for them. I was sad I couldn't be there with them, but I will be making a trip back home at the end of August and will meet Molly then! Although that seems like such a long time from now, I know there will be plenty of phone calls inquiring about Molly which will hopefully make the time go by faster!

This picture was sent to us from Molly's foster Mom, Anita and is one of our favorites!

Molly with her new parents and foster Mom, Anita!

New Mom, Karen and Foster Mom, Anita making the transition!

Last group photo before the trip to Molly's new home, she looks quite happy!


In our recent dealings with dog rescue organizations, it has really put in to perspective for me how many dogs in the United States have not been fortunate enough to find their forever homes. Why buy a puppy from a breeder who is having litter after litter of puppies to make money when there are thousands of dogs all ages, sizes, and breeds already without homes. I am a firm believer in rescuing animals after my parents wonderful experience in adopting Sparky from Welsh Terrier Cares and Molly from Fox Terrier Rescue. These rescue organizations are run by people just like you and me and they do it because of their love for animals. There are many needs for these type of nonprofit organizations from foster homes, and adoptions, to volunteers, and monetary donations. If you are interested in getting involved please click on the links above to learn more.

Molly is adjusting extremely well to her new home and my parents are absolutely in love with her! Please take the time to spread the word about pet adoption and together we can save innocent animals from cruelty.

No comments:

Post a Comment