Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tomato Pie

This is another delicious recipe that was given to me by Thomas' Mom. Actually, when she first gave me this recipe she also handed me a bag full of all the ingredients needed for the recipe so I could make it right away! She is definitely one sweet and thoughtful lady. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

Tomato Pie


Ingredients:

9 inch deep dish pie shell
5 large tomatoes, peeled & sliced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 tsp. dried basil
3/4 cup mayo
1 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
optional: onion and/or bell pepper

Directions:

Bake pie shell at 375 for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Layer tomatoes in pie shell (approx. 3 layers) Sprinkle each layer with salt, pepper, basil, and garlic. Combine mayo and cheese together. Spread mixture over tomatoes.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog!

    I have been trying to cook w/ tomatoes more, so I am definitely adding this to my recipe drawer! (That so desperately needs to be transcribed onto cards...I'll think about it tomorrow, right? ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds SO yummy! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete