Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lastest Read

Since starting and finishing The Help in a weekend, I've since started my next read: Women Want More: How to Capture Your Share of the World's Largest, Fastest-Growing Market by Michael J. Silverstein & Kate Sayre.


I have been interested in reading this book for some time. In 2008, the Boston Consulting Group ran a lifestyle survey of 12,000 women in 22 countries about their spending habits. In great detail, the authors describe how to reach the group which controls the spending in most categories of consumer goods, but are sometimes misunderstood by the companies that try to reach them. Using several examples of the women interviewed for the survey we see the modern woman from around the world struggling between roles of wife, mother, caregiver, pressed for time, over-concerned with expensive beauty products, frustrated with condescending financial advisors and determined to do good with their dollars (Publishers Weekly.)

So far the book has been interesting and very fun to read. The statistics, stories, and quotes in each story are very engaging. I would recommend this book to any woman who is interested in understanding how we behave as consumers and how to gear products for success in the female economy.

I know I've just begun reading this book, but I am already thinking about what I should read next, any suggestions? I love recommendations!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great one , thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to let me know how it turns out! I still have yet to finish the help...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life After Yes by Aidan Donnelley Rowley. Just finished it and it was great. Aidan writes a blog called ivyleagueinsecurities.com which is absolutely great as well.

    ReplyDelete