Monday, January 10, 2011

About the Weekend

I can't believe were back for another Monday, you would think I would have learned by now how fast the weekend goes by.

Friday night Thomas and I had planned to go out for pizza. We decided on a place not far from my house that we had never been to before. When we arrived the wait was close to an hour and Thomas was hungry and didn't want to wait. So we were off to the next place, which ended being just as crowded and there was no hostess which made for a mad house. So we decided not to try another place right down the road. We are walking in to what I thought was our third and final place, which Thomas suggested, and can you guess what? We didn't end up staying there either! He didn't like that you had to order at the counter instead of having a waitress. I mean for crying out loud, we have been to three different pizza places and are now on to our fourth! At this point Thomas starts loosing his "cool" and when this happens he gets extremely frustrated especially since almost an hour had past and we could have just stayed at the first place! The funny part is, the fourth and I am happy to say final place he decided on because I said we aren't going anywhere else, no matter what, didn't have servers either, you had to order ahead and then sit down! Long story short, I am happy we ended up at the place we did, the pizza was delicious and the company was even better (once we ordered)!

Saturday was cold and very windy. I spent most of the morning cleaning, doing laundry, and getting the ingredients together to make chili in the crock pot for dinner. We decided we would stay in on Saturday night since Thomas has been fighting a terrible cold and sore throat. We couldn't have picked a better night to stay in, eat chili, and play cards with the weather being so windy and cold!

Sunday was some what of a lazy day for me, I finished reading, The Help, which I started in August, but ending up sitting on my bookshelf for the past four months until this weekend. I read the entire book from start to finish this weekend and absolutely loved it. I don't know why I didn't stick with it back in August, I think life was just too busy at the time. I'm excited to continue reading as my next book is arriving in the mail tomorrow!

This weekend was just what I needed to recharge. Although, I didn't take care of a big project that is looming over my head, taking down and putting away the Christmas decorations, sigh, I will be working on it this week.

I hope each of you had very enjoyable and relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment