Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday


While most of you ladies are fighting long lines to score fabulous black friday deals at your local mall or retail stores, I am spending today in a small town in Pennsylvania with my Mom, Dad, and my Mom's parents, and aunt and cousins visiting our favorite chocolate factory and store, enjoying lunch at our favorite spot, and of course shopping in our favorite little shops throughout the town. This is a tradition we have had for many years, I think since I was born actually! We didn't always go on Black Friday, but since school schedules have changed, I live in a different State far away, etc. this is the best time for us to go and I love it more and more each year.

I am excited to go back to one store in particular where my Mom and I found the most FABULOUS Christmas decorations for my house last year. I can't remember the name, but I remember exactly where it is and it will be one of my first stops after lunch, I can't wait!

I wish you all a safe, deal-scoring, money saving, Black Friday, but please remember there is nothing is this world worth getting up at 4am or earlier to stand in line for! My philosophy is if it isn't there later that day or the day after, or the next week for that matter, it wasn't worth it anyways! The holidays are about celebrating the birth of baby Jesus and celebrating with family and close friends, which in my opinion has nothing to do with materialistic things! Don't get me wrong I love Christmas shopping and taking part in the festivities, but we all, myself included, need to keep the holidays in perspective.

I will share the details of my Black Friday with y'all next week! Have a great weekend! Goo Cocks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment