Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Travel Essential

As I was preparing for my recent 10 day multi-city trip to Spain I found a packing must have that will make your travel experience more enjoyable and worry free. If you are anything like me, no matter where I am traveling to I always over pack, wait to the last minute, and everything I packed so nicely in my suitcase is all disheleved by the time I reach my destination. My trip to Spain is a little different in that I had 4 months to plan exactly what I needed to bring. I also made a commitment to myself early on that I would not over pack as I always do. The truth behind all this is my suitcase couldn't weigh more then 44lbs. otherwise some of the European airlines overweight checked baggage fees were $150 or more! I not only had to make sure I didn't over pack, but I also had to pack just the right amount to leave room for purchases I was sure I would make while I was there.

Whenever I would start planning what I would be wearing on our trip, anxiety would start to set in about how I was going to survive this 10 day trip traveling to and from 5 five large cities on airplanes, trains, buses, and metros. How was I going to make it to one city without being a wrinkled mess, let alone 5? That's when I found, Eagle Creek and their Pack-It System. They have everything from Pack-It Folders in three different sizes for items like shirts, pants, sweaters, and jackets to Cubes in several different sizes and shapes that are best fit for t-shirts, jeans, underwear, and socks.

Eagle Creek Pack-It Folder 15

The Eagle Creek Pack-It Folder 15 is small enough to fit in your carry on bag and can hold up to 7 items, shirts, pants, and jackets. Depending on the size and weight of the items you may be able to fit one or two additional items. I used the Pack-It Folder 15 in my shoulder carry on bag and it fit perfectly. I was so worried my luggage wasn't going to make it and there is nothing worse then wearing the same clothes for more then two days especially the ones you wore on a 8 hour flight.

Eagle Creek Pack-It Folder 18

The Pack-It Folder 18 holds 8-12 items and is recommended for shirts, pants, jackets, and bulkier items such as sweaters.

Eagle Creek Pack-It Folder 20

The Pack-It Folder 20 holds 12-15 items and is recommended for the same items as the Pack-It Folder 18.

The neat thing behind the Eagle Creek Pack-It Folders is the folders are designed to allow you to take more clothes in less space, isn't that every girls dream, or just mine? The Folders also minimize wrinkles, one of my main concerns, as I knew an iron would not be readily available and come with a folding instruction board specific for each size Pack-It Folder.

I can honestly say, since we returned from our trip on Wednesday, that Eagle Creek has changed my life as a traveler. As I mentioned earlier, while in Spain we traveled to and from 5 different cities using a variety of transportation methods and to make things even more difficult we did not stay in any city longer then 2 days. Eagle Creek Pack-It Folders not only kept me wrinkle free, they made packing, unpacking, and staying organized while traveling a breeze. No matter where my next travel plans take me, Eagle Creek Packing System will forever be a part of my travel essentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment