Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Palmetto Cheese

Oh-My-Gah! Palmetto Cheese is the most delicious and flavorful pimento cheese I've ever tasted and it of course happens to be my favorite. In just one bite it will knock you off your feet! Although I have been enjoying Palmetto Cheese for a little over a year now, it was recently featured in the May Issue of Southern Living.

On a recent trip to Isle of Palms with my Mom and Dad, and my Dad's side of the family, I of course showed up with a large container of Palmetto Cheese with Jalapenos and it was an instant hit. Palmetto Cheese comes in two flavors: Original and Jalapenos. I do not enjoy spicy food what-so-ever, but the Palmetto Cheese with Jalapenos has just the right amount of jalapenos flavor without being overly spicy. No matter what flavor you choose, you will enjoy every last bite.

It was such a big hit with my entire family, we finished the entire container the first night! The next morning we were headed back to the grocery store to purchase more. Not only did we buy two more containers to enjoy during our vacation in Isle of Palms, but additional containers were purchased to take back home to Maryland.

Personally, I enjoy eating Palmetto Cheese as a snack right out of the container with pretzels. Some other ideas of ways to enjoy Palmetto Cheese are as a topping to your burger, on a sandwich, crackers or celery and the list goes on...

The next time you are visiting the South, be sure to try Palmetto Cheese-The Pimento Cheese with Soul and let me know what you think! In the meantime, I can't wait until this weekend when I have an excuse to buy some to enjoy with my house guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment