Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mediterranean Turkey Meat Loaf

Call me weird, call me piggy, call me whatever you want, but I love some meatloaf! Now it can't just be meatloaf from any old place, I prefer homemade and I don't like any kind of sauce on top either. When I came across this recipe in the May issue of Self magazine and knew I had to give it a try!


Mediterranean Turkey Meat Loaf





Ingredients

1lb. ground turkey

reduced-fat feta cheese

baby spinach

chopped onion

whole-grain bread crumbs

garlic clove

ground coriander, cumin, & black pepper.


Directions:

Combine 1lb ground turkey with 2 eggs, 2oz reduced-fat feta, 3/4 cup chopped baby spinach, 1/3 cup chopped onion, 1/4 cup whole-grain breadcrumbs, 1 chopped garlic clove, 1/2 tsp each ground coriander, cumin, black pepper. Form into a loaf; bake at 350 degrees until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, about 40 minutes.

ENJOY!

1 comment: