Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting Ahead

I can't believe I never shared this book I read with y'all. I can't remember when I first read it, but it definitely had to have been before I started this blog. Anyways, I apologize for holding out on y'all but if you haven't already read If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You by Kelly Cutrone and Meredith Bryan, don't jog, sprint to your nearest bookstore and pick it up. It is such a great book for any woman looking to get ahead in the corporate world. Yes Ms. Cutrone tells it like it is, but sometimes the truth hurts, agree?

For those of you who don't know, Kelly Cutrone is the founder of fashion public relations, branding, and marketing firm People's Revolution, which has represented clients such as Longchamp, Vivienne Westwood, Valentino, Jeremy Scott, Paco Rabanne, Thierry Mugler, Bulgari, Christie's, and more. She starred in Bravo's Kell on Earth and has appeared on MTV's The Hills and The City. Prior to founding People's Revolution, Cutrone cofounded Cutrone & Weinberg and was the director of PR for Spin magazine. Cutrone lives in Manhattan with her daughter, Ava (Amazon).

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, so much so, I had to keep myself from reading it cover to cover in one night!

The good news is, if you read this book and enjoyed it like me or if you haven't read it yet and when you do, you realize you enjoyed it as much as me, Kelly Cutrone and Meredith Bryan have a new novel coming out on April 26, 2011 called Normal Gets You Nowhere. If you can't already tell, I'm looking forward to that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment