Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fettuccine Alfredo

I went to dinner last week at my one of my girlfriend's, Steph's house for dinner. Steph and I met during freshmen orientation at USC and have been friends ever since. Funny part is we met in South Carolina when we both are from the same area in Baltimore!

After graduation Steph moved to Charleston, but about a year and a half ago she moved back to Columbia and we have dinner together about once a month and alternate between each other's houses. Steph always makes the most fantastic dinners and I always admire her cooking skills because nine times out of ten she doesn't follow a recipe which I admire and consider pretty daring and is the complete opposite from me!

So last week she made the most delicious fettuccine alfredo I have ever had and I'm not lying! I like fettuccine alfredo but it is not something I order at a restaurant or make at home because I know how unhealthy it is and to be honest I think most of the time it doesn't have a whole lot of flavor. Well Steph's recipe proved me wrong! I enjoyed every last bite of this meal and absolutely loved the fact that she mixed spinach, one of my favorites, in the sauce.

I am so happy Steph shared her recipe with me! I can't wait to make this recipe for Thomas, he really likes alfredo sauce even the gross kind out of the jar, yuck! So I know he will fall in love with this recipe and I hope you will too.

Here's the recipe from the chef herself:

Fettuccine Alfredo


Ingredients:

1 box fettuccine noodles
1 can chicken broth
1 block style package low fat cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoon of flour
Parmesan cheese
Small dash of nutmeg
Couple dashes of Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
Pepper
Parsley

Directions:

1. Cook pasta as directed on package
2. Beat broth and flour together with a whisk on medium heat on the stove until blended.
3. Add cream cheese, one spoonful at a time, beating in between.
4. Add spices and cook 2 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
5. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.


Variations:

Add chicken, broccoli, shrimp, spinach, mushrooms…anything you can think of!


ENJOY!

Thanks Steph for sharing your delicious recipe!

5 comments:

  1. I am now following you thanks to Thirsty Thursday Blog Hop, and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
    Also don't forget, to sign up in our amazing giveaway while it still lasts: 3 x greeting cards of your choice complete with delivery to the recipient, you know where to come!
    Plus, today we teach another one of our easy HTML tutorials, so make sure you don't miss it! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm! That does sound amazing. I wish I could pass up fettuccine Alfredo that way, but pasta is the one carb that is my weakness. The bread bowl can go right by me every day, but I can never say no to pasta. & I love the bad-for-you white sauce so much more than the not-as-bad-for-you marinara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good. I would have never thought to put chicken broth in fettucini! Visiting from Saving Money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really good--putting spinach in it is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try this! It seems so easy! Getting together with a close friend and having dinner is always a highlight :)

    ReplyDelete