Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm back...with a delicious recipe!

This weekend I was away with Thomas' Mom at a girls weekend with her sisters and nieces. We had a blast being together laying by the pool, swimming, hanging out and of course eating. One of the ladies made the recipe below as an appetizer on Saturday night and it was love at first bite! Make these for your next party and I promise they will be gone in a blink of an eye!


Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
The Pioneer Woman



Ingredients

20 whole Fresh Jalapenos, 2-3 Inches In Size
2 cubes Cream Cheese, softened
2 cups, Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 pound Thin(regular) Bacon, Sliced Into Thirds

Directions

If you have them, slip on some latex gloves for the pepper prep... Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and white membrane (the source of the heat; leave a little if you like things HOT). Smear softened cream cheese into each jalapeno half and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Wrap jalapeno with bacon pieces (1/3 slice). Secure by sticking toothpick through the middle.

Bake on a pan with a rack in a 375-degree oven for 20-25 minutes. You don’t want the bacon to shrink so much it starts to the squeeze the jalapeno. If, after 20 minutes, the bacon doesn’t look brown enough, just turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes to finish it off. These are best when the jalapeno still has a bit of bite to it.
Serve immediately, or they’re also great at room temperature.



ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. I have seen them and ALWAYS wanted to try. How can they go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever made these? I made them last night and they were the gressiest things I ever ate. I was in the bathroom most the night. I followed the recipe right out of PW's cookbook I and used center cut bacon for less fat but it was horrible! Don't get me wrong the stuffing was delicious and if it would have come out crisp it would have been to die for, which makes me think I did something wrong. Just wondering if you tried making them and how yours came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience. I have made these and the only thing I can think I did differently is I placed the poppers on a elevated wire rack and placed the rack on top of a jelly roll pan so all the grease dripped off while cooking. I don't know if that could make a difference or not? I ate so many of these poppers the last time I made them and didn't feel a bit sick, I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete